Tuesday 22 February 2011

Breast cancer event and why...

On Thursday I headed out for meetings in Glasgow. Met some truly amazing people at a cancer centre and spent quite some time speaking with different people at different stages of their journey. I'm always inspired by the people I meet whilst putting the breast cancer event today and also their enthusiasm for the event and willingness to help make it a success.

I also went to one of the main cancer hospitals in Glasgow and met some of the staff there. Again I'm honoured to meet so many kind and caring people and am constantly impressed by their sense of compassion. Most of all I love that they smile and have a vast energy and belief in the people they are looking after. This was so evident in the hospital and a tribute to everyone who works there.

I met with patients who are terminally ill but put many to shame with their positivity and ability to look on the bright side.

Most of all, I wanted to share with you that today what made me smile was the beautiful, kind, compassionate and giving people I met. They make me smile... thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment