Wednesday 23 February 2011

I just called...

Today I was up against it time-wise and I know we all know what that's like and what we let slip when we have little time... ME!

How often do we say we didn't have time to do something for us? Or perhaps we put the things we love doing last as the to-do list is bulging with things that must be done (as if me-time isn't something that MUST be done!).

Well for me, today was one of those days... BUT as I'm consciously doing something I love with this challenge I made the time I needed to touch base with someone I've not done so for a while. In fact I made a concerted effort to post 'hello' messages on Facebook, to send Tweets saying 'hi' and also emails to people I've not been in contact with in a while.

I know because I've already got some messages back with little bits of news and one that just said 'I needed that'.

And all that took was a few minutes of my time and a little thought. Really must 'drop by' more often on people to say 'hello', 'hi', 'how you doing', 'thinking of you' or whatever. Knowing someone is thinking of you is, sometimes, all you need.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment