Monday 28 February 2011

Hot Hot Hot Tamales!

Continuing on from my Mexican obsession, I made fresh tamales.  Only took me about 4 hours in the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon!  Tamales are these delicious parcels filled with Masa Harina (corn flour) and savory filling.  In this case, slow cooked pork (carnitas) in spices and herb and chili guajillo chili peppers.  It was my first time attempting this time consuming dish and while Jez was cursing upstairs watching Arsenal losing to a not so great team...I was busy wrapping up these little suckers!  The result?  Could be better.  The meat was great but the dough was too 'doughy' so definitely need to do it better next time! 

Still made me smile though!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I think you may just have to bring some of your delicious sounding food to our party at the end of the challenge :-) You make me hungry every time! x

    ReplyDelete