Sunday 13 February 2011

Brief intro and testing testing!

Just a quick intro and also to say I am so happy to be part of this.  My mother being a cancer survivor and also myself having had a breast cancer scare last year, I am so happy to see an organization like this because there is nothing more valuable than support from others to help you through some of the difficult times.

For the next 60 days, I will be blogging my workout regime!  Not if that'd be interesting as it is mostly me moaning and complaining about the pain...but it is something I have found to enjoy doing every single day, shockingly.  I have finished something called 'Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred' which is a 30 minute circuit workout split into 3 levels that you finish in exactly 30 days, 10 days on each level.  It changed my body significantly in just 30 days!  I am now doing her second program, 30 Day Slimdown.  I am currently on Day 15.  When I finish this program, I will hopefully be starting a running program called Couch to 5K (C25K) accompanied with more of Jillian Michaels' torture boot camp, also known as Ripped in 30.  I will be blogging my progress and I hope this will inspire people to get healthy and start moving! 

For those that are not familiar with Jillian Michaels, she is the evil female personal trainer on the US version of The Biggest Loser.  Since I stopped working in December, I have been focusing on getting healthy and feeling better and as much as I hate her, JM has jump started my journey.

Anyway, good luck to everyone and happy blogging!

Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffany,
    How fab and I look forward to reading your blog entries. I love the name C25K and wish I was further toward the 5K than the couch!
    I'm sure you would love this program that a friend of mine in Las Vegas has started up, raising money for people affected by cancer whilst everyone has a great workout and is energised in doing so. www.bootcampforcancerlasvegas.com/home

    Would love to do something like this in the UK as another fund-raiser for Living Beyond Diagnosis as it's so inclusive for anyone of any age and fitness and has motivated many of them to continue with the regime too.

    Look forward to reading your blogs

    AnnaGoAnna

    ReplyDelete