Friday 25 February 2011

Double posting today! More food!

Okay, so I have been craving Mexican food like crazy.  I blame my friend.  Him and his wife opened a new taco joint in Taiwan where I was born and he's been plastering photos of food on my facebook page!  I know there are 'faux Mexican food' in London but notice the faux..it's just not the same!!  Well, since I'm being all healthy and stuff...(ignore the brownies, I made them for my bf's work!) , I've been coming up with healthy recipes.  I decided to make Turkey fajitas with homemade corn tortillas and fresh salsa!

The turkey fajita was so simple.  Again, I didn't want to buy the packaged powder because you never know what kind of preservatives they have in there for the shelf life...so I made my own.  You'd be surprised but most of the ingredients are stuff in your cupboards already!  Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, celery salt, chicken stock cube and one key ingredient, cumin! 

The tricky was going to find the right flour for the tortillas.  Corn tortillas are made with a type of corn meal flour called Hasa Marina.  Shockingly I found some in Muswell Hill in a small specialty food shop!!  I was psyched! 

Anyway, long story short, I successfully made the tortillas!  The house smelled amazing!!  The pico de gallo (fresh tomatoes, onions, coriander and lime juice) was perfect!


I think I should open a taqueria! 

No comments:

Post a Comment